What are Open Vent Boilers?
Continuing our series of helpful information on boiler technology we focus this time on open vent boilers. What are open vent boilers?
An open vent boiler is also known as a regular or heat only boiler. The open vent heating system usually comprises of the boiler, a hot water storage cylinder and where required a feed and expansion tank in the loft.
Open vent boilers can consistently supply hot water to a number of taps at the same time. They work well if you are replacing an old open vent heating system, and are ideal if water pressure is low in your area.
Open vent boilers are also compatible with solar water heating and heat pump systems for a lower carbon footprint and lower energy costs.
Vaillant ecoTEC plus open vent
Extremely reliable and displaying all the in-built quality Vaillant is known for, the ecoTEC plus is clearly one of the best open vent solutions available today.
The ecoTEC plus open vent boiler is available in a range of power outputs to meet the heating requirement of your home.
All ecoTEC plus boilers offer low energy consumption and premium components to give outstanding performance.
Key features of Vaillant’s ecoTEC plus system boiler are:
- ErP A rated boiler with up to 94% efficiency, helping you to reduce your carbon footprint and save money on your fuel bills
- Highest quality aluminium heat exchanger which is designed for long life and easy maintenance
- Compact and lightweight for exceptional siting and flexibility, for a kitchen-friendly, stylish design
- Quality German design and engineering which is manufactured at award-winning UK facilities
- Six open vent models covering 12, 15, 18, 24, 30 or 35kW heating outputs
- Compatible with Vaillant’s vSMART™ app based control for heating on the go
As Vaillant Advance Installers Mike Jarvis Plumbing and Heating Services are now able to offer boiler guarantees of up 10 years on the Vaillant ecoTEC plus (upto 45kW) when installed with Vaillants brand new boiler protection kit.